Samstag, 20. September 2008

School



My first day of school was exciting! I was really nervous and scared, and even moreso when my mom just told me to go and look for the principal by myself. A teacher helped me find Miss Charito and she introduced me to her daughter Sofia, who is in my class. She's really nice!! She introduced me to everybody else from our class and showed me around. Everybody, absolutly EVERYBODY stares at me in school. The first couple of days were the worst. I couldn't make a move without everybody noticing....it's kind of weird, because in our class in Austria I'm not theg the center of attention, so I'm not used to it. My English teacher came up to me after class and said,....I know I'm your teacher, but I also want to be your friend. If you have a problem you can come talk to me. Everyday in the first week I was at school we played sports. Soccer, basketball, volleyball, everything, I absolutly LOVE me school, although it gets boring from time to time because I don' understand some things, and I can't write tests or do homework yet, because my spanish isn't good enough. But I still participate in class and my friends help me a lot. =)
When I told my friend that I want to be a singer they immediately handed me a guitar and demanded me to sing =) I sang a couple of songs and when I looked up at my friends they had tears in their eyes. I guess they really liked it =) Then I played the Star Spangled Banner and one guy seriously started crying an everbofy laughed at him.

Every day I can go to school with either my normal uniform (blouse and skirt) or my sports uniform( blue pants, white shirt, grey polo shirt). I only have one of each, and I wash it a couple times a week, but sometimes it isn't dry in the morning,...so one time, in the morning when I checked my pants and they were still really wet, my mom put them in the microwave, took them out and put them back in. She did this about 6 times and then suprise, suprise, my pants were nice and dry =)

Keine Kommentare: