Samstag, 13. September 2008

Bienvenido Dani!

The next day, I got up and took my first peruvian shower = COLD!!!! In my house we have hot water, but we have to turn on a boiler or something and wait for a while for it to warm up. =)

I went to the city with my mom and my mom wanted to buy some chicken, so I thought, ok great, we are going to the supermarket, but no. What we did was stop on the side of the road, then a lady holding a living bird came up the car opened the door, and my mom poked the bird to see how good the meat was. I was seriously shocked. We didn't buy the bird, and as I didn't know the word for bird in spanish, I said " La comida vive", which means " the food lives/ is alive", and my mom said" Si, es normal". =) After lunch, Charo and I went to a house and listened to a priest praying for like 20 minutes. Then we sang some holy songs and stuff and it was really weird. Then she showed me the city center and we took a taxi home. Piura reminds me of New York City, because there are SO MANY taxis everywhere, I like it =)

1 Kommentar:

joanne hat gesagt…

Hey Dani,


Your blog is great! I was amused by the chicken story --travel to different cultures is always an experience. Keep it up...and take lots of pictures. The pictures of the ordinary are great for sharing what's going on for those of us following your experience.

love ya!
aunt joanne