Freitag, 5. Juni 2009

School and being sick =S


I have been sick for the last couple of weeks, and now it's getting colder and colder here in Piura because winter is coming. I'm already so used to the warmth, so I get cold really fast. We don't have warm water in our house, so we can't shower in the mornings anymore, because the water is freezing. I have been going to school wearing, besides my school uniform of course, a sweater and a scarf, because we still have air conditioning in our class room. I got back into the habit of doing my homework and taking little tests. I really like going to school. I think the fact that teenagers here in Peru can graduate and go to the university at 15 or 16 years of age is absolutely amazing, in many ways. Of course their education status isn't, by far, as good as ours' in Austria or in the USA, but most of the kids do ok.

In my class I don't have a lot of real friends that I go out with or that come to see me at my house, like I do from last years graduating class with Tefy, there's only one of my best friends called Carlitos and a friend called Gianmarco.

In the afternoons I just hung out at home, looked after my little cousin Karina, did my homework and spent some time with my boyfriend Carlos.

Keine Kommentare: