Freitag, 14. November 2008

Lima!!!!





















I don't have time to write right now, but stay tuned, cause Lima was awesome and i have a lot to tell you about it!!

So, we left on thursday in the afternoon. It was only Lisa, Steve, Gonzalo ( Steve's 
brother), Nancy ( steve's mom) and me. I sat 
next to Lisa the first part of 
the trip and then next to Gonzalo. I fell asleep listening to my MP3-player, which was under the blanket, under my shirt, but when 
I woke up it was GONE!!!! We searched for it for 
at least half an hour, as did the people sitting in front, behind and next to us, but it was hopeless, my MP3 player with lots of awesome music ( that I can replace), but with all my pictures I took in Peru, which are irreplaceable, was gone =(  15 hours in the bus, looking forward to an awesome couple of days, but that wasn't the way I imagined our trip to Lima to start,...
Well, anyway in Lima, we waited for an hour, for Guillermo ( France) and then we went to our youth hostel, which was really quite nice. Then, we went to eat Chifa ( which is a mixture of Peruvian and Chinese food, and it's really tasty) and then we went shopping in Miraflores I think. I bought a cool Roxy shirt and a Justin Timerlake-style hat. =) Then in the evening we went to eat at KFC and then went to a park with awesome fountains, with special effects =) 
Then we went home, changed and went out. Gonzalo worked in Lima for a couple months this year, so he knows good places to get something to drink and where the music isn't so loud, so you can have a nice conversation. We were introduced to 2 of his friends, who are from Piura, but study in Lima, and we had a really good time.

Then on Saturday we got up, had breakfast in the youth hostel and then just hung out playing ping pong and talking. Then Steve, Lisa, Guillermo and I went to the supermarket to buy some things and then when we got back, all of us went to eat lunch in Pizza Hut. =) We also took a tour bus around Lima and up a hill, with many poorer houses of Lima. Then we went shopping again, and I bought a beautiful black dress. Then we went back to the youth hostel, because there are like 3 or 4 bathrooms, and there were A LOT of people who had to get ready for the party. Then finally we were ready to go. 
My first impression when we got to the place was WOW, because it was extremly beautiful. We paid 100 Soles, which is about 25 Euros, for this dinner, so I knew it was going to be a magical night, and it sure turned out to be. As soon as we stepped inside, there was already a waiter waiting to give us a glass of pisco sour ( speciality of Peru). I sat at a table with some of my friends, some people from Trujillo and the president of AFS Lima. We were on the upper deck, so we had a perfect view of the little ponf and the orchestra and the person with the microphone. I was told that I was going to perform with a guitar, but then Nancy said, there was no guitar there, and that I should pick a song and the orchestra would accompany me. I had to think fast, so I just said I would sing " My heart will go on" from Celine Dion. I was really nervous, because I didn't know in what key the song was and how many times to sing the chorus and all that lind of stuff and there was no time left to practice, so when they announced my name, I was a little nervous. There were like 200-300 people there. The music started and I sang, and it was incredible, like seriously amazing ( and I don't mean my singing, but the feeling i had when I was singing ) I was standing there in front of a little pond with a pretty dress that I had borrowed from my sister, and all the people were staring at me. I think there wasn't a single person talking and one thing I always wanted to know is what musicians think while they are performing, so I'll tell you my crazy thoughts while I was singing: ok, here we go,.....every night in my dreams,...mhm,....the music is pretty,.....I feel you,..... hey, I can see my friends, mm, just keep singing,.....once more, you open the door,...wow this is really fun,.......near far, wherever you are,.....hey, look at them all, they're staring at me, did I sing that part correctly?,.....love can touch us one time,......( my friends Lisaand Steve gave me the thumbs up)they are such good friends, gosh I love them,.....my heart will go on and on,..........(applaus) I LOVE PERU!!!!!!!!
After that we celebrated and I was really happy. I felt like in a movie, because everything was so unreal. There were waiters standing around waiting to be called and given "an order" and when they were holding a tray with drinks you could just go and take as many as you wanted to, and when you got up and there was a waiter close to you he would pull the chair back for you and everyting was just really awesome!! Daniel from Austria, from Trujillo was there too and we talked a little and then everybody danced  =)  I can't remember at what time we left, but all I know is that this "50 years of AFS PERU"-party, was the best party I've ever been to. 

1 Kommentar:

Walter Rhein hat gesagt…

if you're still in Peru and looking for things to do, you might want to check out my blog, streets of lima:
www.streetsoflima.com.
Cheers,
Ben Jonjak